It’s hard to deny the immense impact cloud computing has had on Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS). It has allowed companies to shed legacy systems and embrace innovation. Education, health care, and contact centers are among the many industries seeking to modernize telecommunications systems and turning to the cloud. However, companies must be strategic when making the transition in order to realize the true benefits.
Why Make the Transition? 5 UCaaS Benefits
- Cost Savings: One major benefit of UCaaS is lowered costs. Businesses spend less money acquiring, setting up, and maintaining their data storage infrastructure. IT leaders can now dedicate their budgets and time to mission-critical items.
- Flexibility: For many companies, employees no longer have to stay at a physical workstation to perform their jobs. The new wave of technology allows for flexibility and mobility, as long as a WiFi connection is available.
- Streamline Workflows: UCaaS offers real-time access to employees, applications, and data. It is not location- or device-specific. UCaaS allows companies to streamline day-to-day operations and increase overall collaboration.
- Scalability: As companies grow, the UCaaS easily scales to meet changing demands. Companies only pay for what it needs.
- Continuity: Cloud solutions are geo-redundant, which significantly decreases the chance of system disruptions. For this reason, UCaaS can be central to a strong disaster recovery (DR) plan.
Contact centers reap some of the biggest benefits from a successful UCaaS transition. High-volume call hubs with antiquated communications systems can easily be overwhelmed by high usage. Such issues can significantly impact customer experience and hurt company revenues. UCaaS solutions have the ability to handle volume demands and help organizations remain industry leaders. In fact, the market for contact centers utilizing cloud services is expected to reach more than $10 billion in the next three years, according to recent research by MarketsandMarkets.
Laying the Groundwork for a Successful Transition
There is much to be considered when moving from a legacy communications system to a hosted UCaaS solution. Here are two key concepts that can mean a smarter and more strategic move to the cloud:
Feedback: The best transitions seek input from system users and stakeholders to ensure that all needs are being addressed. This feedback is helpful for cloud providers when developing user segmentation plans.
Expertise: Overall, it’s important that industry experts are involved in all phases of the operation. As a hosted service, companies rely on managed service providers (MSPs) to lead and manage the transition. This means companies should thoroughly vet third party providers and have proper service level agreements (SLA) in place to clearly define expectations.
UCaaS adoption by the education, health care, and contact center industries is just the start. More and more companies are ready to take the plunge and begin phasing out legacy systems for the newest technology. But businesses don’t have to do it alone. With the guidance of seasoned industry professionals, they can successfully meet the challenges before them.
Make a seamless and strategic move to the cloud. Click here to learn how Momentum Telecom can strengthen and transform your business with a UCaaS solution today.