By switching to a hosted private branch exchange (PBX) for your telephony needs, you can save money and take something off the plate of your thinly stretched IT staff.
According to a recent survey, 65 percent of businesses are using cloud services for “mission-critical applications and data.” Of those businesses, 78 percent manage their cloud security internally. By switching to hosted PBX — or a business telephone system managed by a third-party vendor—companies can see their security increase while lightening the load on IT personnel, thereby making their company more efficient from a financial and productivity-measured perspective.
Here are some of the ways in which moving your phone system to the cloud can increase your company’s security:
· Administrators can easily track phone usage, which makes sure all calls on the network are appropriate.
· If preferred, hosted PBX vendors can record all calls and store them in the cloud so you will always have a record of important conversations.
· If an employee quits or is let go, administrators can quickly block his or her number from accessing the company’s hosted PBX even if he or she doesn’t return the phone hardware. This ensures a disgruntled ex-employee can’t make sabotaging calls on your company’s behalf.
· Administrators can enable access on a per-user basis, restricting and granting certain privileges as they see fit.
· Electronic invoices can eliminate the possibility of sensitive documentation being carelessly left around the office.
· Premium cloud-based PBX vendors provide tier one technical support 24/7, so someone’s always ready to help should a data breach occur.
Momentum’s hosted PBX solution provides businesses with the security they need while helping them save money and time in the process.